A spring recipe, typical of the south and easy to prepare, are the “fagiolini alla pugliese”, a tasty side dish of the regional tradition, which is part of the so called “piatti poveri” (poor dishes), very appreciated.
Green beans are a vegetable of the season and they are well suited for many recipes, in particular to accompany sauces with fresh homemade pasta, seasoned with goat cheese.
Green beans “alla pugliese” are prepared by boiling green beans in salted water and then sautéing them in a pan with a sauce of peeled tomatoes, flavored with oil, garlic, hot pepper and parsley.
- 1 kg green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons of Vetrère extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- Fine salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 450 g. of peeled tomatoes
To prepare Apulian style green beans, just follow these simple steps:
- 1. blunt the green beans, removing any filaments and wash them in cold water, drain and boil in salted water for 20 minutes;
- 2. in the meantime, chop the parsley leaves and pass the peeled tomatoes through a vegetable mill;
- 3. fry for a few minutes, in a pan with extra virgin olive oil, the crushed garlic and the fresh seedless chilli pepper;
- 4. add the sieved peeled tomatoes and, after a few minutes of cooking over high heat, add the green beans, leaving them to cook for another 5 minutes;
- 5. turn off the heat, add the parsley and serve.